Monday, September 16, 2013

Get ready ....

Conference is just around the corner and I'm determined to make a better go at this "bookclub" this time around. Things have quieted down since moving and unpacking.  Homeschool & public school have started, new friends haven been/are being made, and the extra-curriculars are off to a good start.

I'll try to get a good schedule up shortly after Conference concludes- perhaps starting with Pres Monson's opening and closing remarks as we wait for the Conference Ensign to come in the mail.

But I'm totally inspired this week, having heard the story of a recent convert here in our new ward.  Her name is Sis G.  She was baptized a few months ago.  She had the missionaries track her down 20 years ago and she has been coming off and on since then. Her husband didn't want her to be baptized so she chose to wait and see if his heart would soften. It never did and late this Spring, while her husband was cutting down a tree on their property, the tree fell on him and killed him.  A week later she was baptized!! She is so excited to finally have the full blessings of the gospel.  She is my Visiting Teacher and I can't wait to get to know her better.  She must have great faith to have waited so long, and must have truly loved her husband to do what was best for her marriage. But nothing is stopping her now!!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing person, I too have missed the blog, but we are listening to the talks from last conference, to get ready for this conference. I love Conference and I love to see the Prophet. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for this technology.

    ReplyDelete